วันอังคารที่ 20 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Solid State Hard Drives - A User's Perspective

I recently purchased a Dell Laptop with an Ssd drive in it. I must say I was very impressed with how fast it was on boot up. After that, the excitement of it leveled off from there. I guess the greatest advantage I saw from it was the endurance that it has as well as the battery life is right on good than using a regular hard drive.

Some sites, including SamSung are touting ultimate 60Mb/sec speeds. I have only noticed a moderate speed up compared to my 5400 Rpm hard drive. When I compared it with my highend laptop that has a 7200 Rpm drive it was near or just below the same speeds when doing side by side comparisons.

Laptop Ssd

What was in fact cool about the Ssd was when I started playing a video and in fact shook my laptop it ran as if nothing was happening. I took an older laptop of mine (I have a ton of them), and played the same video and shook the laptop and it roughly immediately crashed. For all you road warriors out there Ssd is right on a must.

My advice, don't buy the Ssd's for speed or fast boot up times, the price does not by comparison it, but rather buy them if you want reliability and longer lasting laptop. I have been in fee of supplying laptops for years to a traveling consultant base, and the lifespan on laptops due to hard drive failures is pretty short. I was replacing Hd and reimaging roughly 90% of my time. Once I started purchasing the Ssd's I have not seen any of them fail yet. Its only been a few months, but check back and I will contribute updates as I move forward.

Applecore

See Also : office supplies store digitalpictureframereviews

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น